iPod Touch World
Please consider logging in if you have an account, if you do not have an account you can register for a FREE account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

iPod Touch World
Please consider logging in if you have an account, if you do not have an account you can register for a FREE account.
iPod Touch World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included)

3 posters

Go down

How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included) Empty How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included)

Post by iTouchmaster Thu May 07, 2009 8:48 pm

WinSCP can be used to SSH into your iPhone or iPod Touch. SSH'ing into your device gives you an outside look of your devices File system. However you can also view your devices File System using the App called "Mobile Finder" (Can be found in cydia). The reason why you should use WinSCP to view your files is because you can actually put and take out files to and from your device. You are able to take Movies, Music, Apps, and Photos From your Device.

How Do I use WinSCP?
1. Click HERE To download winSCP.
2. Install WinSCP and open it.
3. Go onto your device and go into cydia and Install Open SSH.
4. Go into settings on your device & press on WI-FI & once you are connected to a network press the Blue arrow & where it says IP Address it shows numbers next to that. Make sure you take note of those numbers.
5. Open WinSCP & where it says Host Name Type in those numbers by your IP address. By Username type in root & by Password type in alpine. After all that press connect.
Note: You must be connected to a Network while doing all this.

Thats all you have to do & your done & now you should see all the files & other Misc. Things that you have!
iTouchmaster
iTouchmaster
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included) Empty Re: How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included)

Post by ruetproductions Sat May 09, 2009 3:05 am

You don`t really need to use WiFi i will make a tutorial.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THANK ME + VOTE
How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included) Iphoneforum

ruetproductions
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included) Empty Re: How to use WinSCP to SSH (Download Links Included)

Post by iTouchmaster Sat May 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Oh, I never knew that.
iTouchmaster
iTouchmaster
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mustard56 Mon May 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Good and welly explained tutorial i will try this and see if it actually works.

mustard56
iPod Touch World Member
iPod Touch World Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum